Join the most recognized hotel brand in virtually every region of the world.
Look for hospitality jobs that match your skills and experience, and prepare for a rewarding career with us.Home2 Suites is searching for talented and energetic individuals to join its dynamic organization. We offer people with talent, passion and integrity a world of opportunity. Our people are our greatest strength. Together, we work to provide products and services that are valued by our customers and by other parties with whom we do business.
The Front Desk Guest Service Representative (GSR) is responsible for maintaining positive guest interactions while consistently and courteously responding to their needs, requests, necessary service transactions and tasks. This position is critical to ensure that the quality of service for Home2 Suites' guests is in accordance with Home2 Suites' standards and Hassle Free Guarantee, while working with members of the hotel team, maintaining accounting and financial accountability as well as safety and security of the hotel.
- Welcome guests with friendly greeting and smile and perform all guest related services. (i.e. wake up/courtesy calls; handle concerns/complaints/requests; provide coffee/newspaper and location information; keep lobby clean and orderly)
- Handle reservation requests; check guests in/out; handle guest accounting and cashier functions
- Make, change and monitor reservations; review and report rate availability using the front desk computer system; update and monitor room status, promote future sales
- Perform daily cash count; prepare bank deposit and review of audit packages
- Complete reporting for daily occupancy/revenue, weekly inn operations, expenditures ledger and update corporate memorandum and/or operations manuals
- Communicate with Inn Management and other GSRs, as needed, about problems, requests and/or concerns regarding guests or rooms
- Work with housekeeping to communicate checkouts, stay-overs, sleepers, skips, rooms cleaned and rooms in need of maintenance
- Cross train in all front desk shifts and other departments in the hotel; Train new hires in front desk functions
- Night Audit shift requires daily reconciliation of transactions and preparing audit package for Inn Management approval
- Assist in coordinating special events (i.e. holiday gatherings, bus tours, on site, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- Open availability. 7AM - 3PM & 3PM - 11PM
- HS Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years in a previous customer service position required
- Must have basic office skills (i.e. math, cash handling, computer skills, timekeeping, etc)
- Must maintain professional appearance in Home2 Suites provided uniform with consistently friendly attitude towards guests and staff
- Must be able to easily and frequently change from one task to another while operating a computer and/or switchboard and work with minimal supervision
- Basic English communication (verbal and written) skills required
- May be required to work nights, weekend and/or holidays