Associate - Backline Coordinator
Potbelly Sandwich Shop is growing! And we’re growing our Backline catering/delivery and pick-up business too! The Backline Coordinator is a key position in the shop. He/she manages and organizes backline business while monitoring shop trends with a focus on People, Customers, Sales and Profit. When not focused on Backline Coordinator responsibilities, he or she may also be assigned to other Associate duties within the shop. With our growth comes opportunity. We view this position as being a stepping stone along the Potbelly Path.
In addition to following standard Potbelly operating policies and procedures, accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Works directly with Marketing Point Person (MPP) to determine marketing targets and goals.
- Supervises backline operations to ensure all associates are POP compliant.
- Ensures all backline orders are complete and order verification forms are in use.
- Works directly with GM to develop training schedules for associates to meet backline staffing goals.
- Acts as a mentor for all associates training on backline operations.
- Assigns and deploys delivery drivers to each order.
- Deploys backline associates for peak.
- Sends “Thank You” notes or performs daily call backs for all catering orders of six or more entrees.
- Handles all customer comments for backline orders by using the three A’s.
- Ensures catering information is displayed and stocked in the restaurant at all times.
- Knows the delivery trade area for the shop, and actively follows it.
- Manages capacity for backline based on staffing while maintaining food quality standards and order accuracy.
- Manages all house accounts including payment follow up.
- Works directly with MPP to record marketing successes and to update Marketing Tracker.
- Knows current backline sales and records daily.
- Monitors backline sales trends vs. last year.
- Sets targets to improve backline every day, communicates goals in backline huddle.
- Communicates backline sales trends and figures to team in weekly manager meeting.
- Updates the Big Fish tracker daily and uses Big Fish Tracker to track customer orders and generate sales leads.
- Holds entire backline team accountable to Potbelly portioning and waste control standards.
- Ensures all catering sides and utensils are provided using the Catering Condiment Wheel as a reference to determine amount of product to supply.
- Ensures that all associates answering phones, and taking orders are suggestive selling extras and sides every time.
- Verifies all backline orders are 100% accurate before being delivered to the customer.
- Assignment of the responsibilities for this position is driven by shop Backline sales volume. Higher volume shops will have a dedicated person assigned as the Backline Coordinator while a Shift Leader or Manager will fill the role in a lower volume shop.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other Associate position duties when assigned as outlined in Potbelly Associate job description, such as preparing quality finished products at various stations, complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning, operating the cash register, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Potbelly policies and procedures.
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 3 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 3 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Warm and cool environments, indoors (95%) and outdoors (5%).
- Higher levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Experience, Education and Behaviors
- Must represent Potbelly Advantage and Our Values.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in English via verbal and written communication, such that employee can perform his or her job responsibilities.
- Must be certified to train on backline operations.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Potbelly Sandwich Works