Restaurant General Manager
All Manager Responsibilities:
All managers, regardless of position, share responsibility of and are accountable for following the World Wide Wings Manager Description in conjunction with the following job description specific to this position in the company.
Restaurant General Manager Job Purpose:
The General Manager provides leadership to ensure that all team members are guest-focused, team-focused, and community-connected. The General Manager will exercise knowledge of restaurant operations, managing staff resources, providing counsel, training, developing and coaching Assistant General Manager (if assigned), Department Managers, Restaurant Support Managers and Hourly Team Members with the express purpose to build sales and profits while maintaining operating standards. The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of their assigned restaurant, ensuring the overall integrity of the Buffalo Wild Wings brand.
Key responsibility areas include team performance, increased sales and profitability, effective cost controls, and development, training and retention of Department Managers, Restaurant Support Managers and Hourly Team Members. The Restaurant General Manager is responsible to work actively to ensure the restaurant meets financial and operating goals.
Restaurant General Manager -Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for creating, implementing and executing the overall business staff plan, ensuring proper staffing levels are maintained by each Department Manager to build sales. Ensures Department Managers are trained thoroughly to ensure only the highest quality team members are hired.
- Responsible for preparing the manager schedule to ensure proper business coverage according to the World Wide Wings Quality Manager Schedule Guidelines
- Oversees the human resource management function, ensuring 100 % compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures all employee benefits are communicated to all Department Managers, Restaurant Support Managers and Hourly Team Members.
- Provides performance feedback and recognition to all Assistant General Managers (if assigned), Department Managers, Restaurant Support Managers and Hourly Team Members on an ongoing and timely basis to include manager one-on-ones and performance reviews.
- Holds all Department Managers, Restaurant Support Managers and Hourly Team Members accountable for contributing to team and company objectives.
- Creates and maintains an open door policy with Department Managers, Restaurant Support Managers and Hourly Team Members allowing for open and honest communication, consistency of standards and appreciation for contributions and suggestions.
- Provides direction to all Managers, particularly Department Managers for performance management of Team Members.
- Effectively trains and develops managers, with a particular focus on Department Managers and Managers in Training.
- Creates, delivers and follows up on Individual Development Plans for all managers. Creates, delivers and follows up on performance improvement action plans for managers when needed.
- Ensures any development plans for hourly Team Members are delivered effectively by Department Managers.
- Conducts informative, focused weekly manager meetings that include a written agenda.
- Models effective pre-shift meetings; builds camaraderie; and solicits feedback. Ensures all managers are holding effective pre-shift meetings.
- Ensures effective communication occurs to and amongst all Department Managers, Restaurant Support Managers and Hourly Team Members.
- Builds positive, professional relationships with all managers and team members, ensuring positive morale and providing a fun work environment.
- Follows up and ensures recognition and reward programs are in place in each department to recognize superior performance.
- Maintains/achieves all turnover and retention targets.
- Models exemplary leadership behaviors and skills and ensures all managers follow this lead.
- Ensures that all managers and Team Members are guest focused first, and display hospitality skills consistently, such as 100% manager table visits, big hellos and big goodbyes, etc.
- Responds to guest comments and criticism in a constructive, positive and timely manner, looking at such as an opportunity to build guest count. Educates and empowers Department Managers, Restaurant Support Managers and Team Members to act in a similar capacity.
- Actively looks for, identifies and implements techniques to attract new guests.
- Builds positive, professional relationships with members of businesses and other organizations in the community.
- Delivers superior GEM (Guest Loyalty Index) results through ensuring outstanding guest service and product quality at all times.
- Ensures proper staffing levels to provide superior guest service at all times.
- Ensures adherence to all management and team member training standards, ensuring all are properly trained to deliver outstanding results.
- Delivers a WOW experience for every guest, every time.
- Leverages compliance/feedback information (GEM, QSC’s, Steritech audits, Mystery Shop feedback, etc.) in order to improve overall restaurant performance.
- Ensures adherence to company-specified systems, tools and procedures for proper shift execution by all Team Members and Managers.
- Ensures Serve Safe Food, Responsible Alcohol Service (RAS) and HACCP standards are strictly adhered to.
- Ensures adherence to all city, county, state, and federal laws and regulations related to the food and beverage industry
- Keeps current on and ensures the implementation of new programs, policies, procedures and product promotions.
- Maintains high quality service and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Ensures managers are holding Team Members accountable for adherence to all daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Consistently delivers the Buffalo Wild Wings experience through superior AV management and sports awareness.
SALES AND PROFITS
- Creates, develops and implements an effective local store marketing plan within budgeted parameters. Use of Home Team Advantage and Eat Wings / Raise Funds programs is required.
- Approves all department schedules to ensure acceptable overall labor results and guest satisfaction. Possesses strong personal knowledge and ensures all managers possess solid knowledge of all labor control tools (SPLH).
- Maintains utility conservation and creates awareness, teaches managers how to control utility costs.
- Reconciles profit and loss statements, calculates results, conducts analysis and communicates results to entire management team, with a particular focus on Department Managers.
- Establishes daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals/forecasts to meet or exceed budgeted expectations.
- Conducts effective Period Business Review Meetings.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted profit goals, reacts to trends, troubleshoots problem areas.
- Effectively breaks down sales and profit goals ensuring manager understanding. Ensures managers understand how to achieve maximum bonus potential.
- Holds Department Managers accountable for department P& L line item responsibility, coaches managers on how to attain agreed upon goals.
- Continually grows sales through providing an outstanding guest experience.
- Ensures all Safety & Security policies are followed, including all loss prevention actions.
- Ensures all key financial tools / control systems are understood and utilized, including but not limited to Aspect, Back Office, BQI, etc.
- Understands, is able to complete, and teaches managers the functions of completing Period Business Reviews and the Weekly DM Summary.
- Proactively maintains and manages all unit R&M issues, ensuring the restaurant is kept in “like new” condition.
- Reacts immediately to any change in business trends, developing and implementing corrective action plans when necessary.
- Completes all other assigned duties or tasks.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Candidates must be highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability and desire to create a fun, exciting environment for both guests and Team Members alike.
- Must possess solid skills with basic mathematical computations.
- Must have a proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Must maintain confidential information, adhere to and enforce company policies, programs, and compliance issues.
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of 2 years restaurant or retail management experience, and experience managing a restaurant with a full bar is preferred.
- This position requires the completion of a high school education or equivalent, a valid driver's license to travel between units, a satisfactory background check, and the ability to meet the physical demands of the position detailed below.
- This position requires successful completion of Buffalo Wild Wings Management Certification program
The duties of this position may change from time to time. World Wide Wings reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of World Wide Wings, its managers or franchisor. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old