Southland Park Gaming & Racing, owned and operated by Delaware North, features more than 1,900 video gaming machines, electronic blackjack tables, a poker room, live greyhound racing and simulcast wagering. Southland Park is located in West Memphis, Arkansas, only a short drive from downtown Memphis, Tennessee.
At Southland Park, guests have an array of options for dining and other entertainment, including the World Market Buffet, Bourbon Street Steakhouse, Sammy Hagar’s Red Rocker Bar and Grill and the Shine Blounge.The Opportunity
The Barback assists the F&B Manager and Supervisors in maintaining inventory and delivering beverage product orders to various outlets, in accordance with Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards. Must be at least 21 years old. Must be able to obtain an Arkansas Gaming & Racing License.
- Delivers beverage and other products throughout the facility, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Stocks product in Beverage Storage; ensures that inventory levels of supplies are maintained
- Reports all needed Beverage repairs to the supervisor.
- Keeps work area and equipment neat and clean.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cleans food & beverage outlets as assigned.
- Empties trash containers and delivers trash to appropriate dumpsters if needed
Education & Experience:
- No experience required.
- Arkansas Racing License required
- Arkansas Gaming License required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be pleasant, courteous with ability to adhere to the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to read and interpret delivery forms and purchase orders
- Basic math skills for counting inventory
- Ability to follow job procedures and supervisor instructions
- Ability to lift/move/maneuver up to 165 lbs.
- Ability to pull heavy carts of stock throughout facility
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting and reaching, during entire length of shift
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Warehouse environment, noise level may be moderate to high
- Exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold depending on the season
- Exposed to fumes from delivery trucks and other equipment
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.