Server Assistant/Food Runner, The 10th - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for SERVER ASSISTANT/FOOD RUNNERS to join our outstanding restaurant staff. to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves lunch daily and is located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
The server assistant is responsible for assisting servers on the floor, maintaining water service, clearing and resetting tables. Food runners are responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of food to guests in the restaurant. Food runners and server assistants will also assist with clearing, cleaning, and resetting tables in the restaurant, maintaining stock of glassware, flatware and other materials needed in the restaurant, maintaining the cleanliness of floors, chairs, tables, and restaurant service area, and removing trash and recycling. This is a dual-role, with shifts as either food
runner or server assistant.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works as a liaison between servers and kitchen staff.
- Responsible for serving correct food to guests, using silent service, and assisting servers with dining room floor service.
- Must be knowledgeable of menu items and their preparations, proper table set up, and restaurant organization.
- Presentation of every plate going into the dining room must be exquisite.
- Must be able to balance needs of the kitchen with needs of the service staff.
Must be able to work quickly and efficiently and be able to reset a table in 2 minutes or less.
- Must be friendly and courteous with guests at all times - required.
- Minimum 1 year of prior food service experience - required.
- Previous fine dining experience as a busser or host - preferred.
- Experience with varied cuisine styles and food plating - preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
Learn More About:
The 10th: http://www.the10thvail.com
Vail Mountain Dining: http://www.vail.com/mountain/on-mountain-dining.aspx?page=viewall
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 144365