RN | Hospice Compliance Specialist
AccentCare® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Hospice Compliance RN Field Specialist, Corporate Compliance
Reports to: Corporate Compliance Manager
(Candidate will work remotely if not in the Dallas area)
This position requires up to 50% travel
As a Hospice Compliance Field Specialist, RN, Corporate Compliance, you will:
- Serve as direct Compliance resource for hospice administrative, clinical and operations teams and identify and assist in updating compliance protocols and compliance standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate as member of hospice compliance oversight committee. Assist in compiling data and reports regarding Hospice issues.
- Proactively identify systemic issues and prepare solutions to address them in a timely manner, up to and including coordinating workgroups and meetings.
- Conduct compliance investigations. Audit, monitor, and evaluate hospice compliance processes and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Monitor industry regulatory changes and distribute related communications.
- Assist Hospice Clinical Operations with compliance and regulatory matters; attend IDG meetings when applicable; manage and evaluate for eligibility and LOS, assist Hospice with QAPI Program oversight; serve as a liaison to Hospice Medical Directors, providing education and training as applicable.
- Coordinate with Hospice Clinical Operations and Hospice Clinical Audit Specialist in managing 30-60-90 day plan development with offices who have failed audit.
- Develop and conduct hospice compliance educational offerings; provide webinars and in-services as needed, alerts and tips.
- Assist with responses to regulatory audits, ADRs, and other requests. Assist with surveys and CHAP preparation as requested.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with regulatory contacts.
- Coordinate with legal counsel and Hospice Clinical Operations departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and service offerings.
- Collaborate with CCO, CMO, Compliance Department and Hospice Clinical Staff on the revision, preparation, and dissemination of new and updated Compliance Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Active Registered Nurse (R.N. license); Bachelor Degree in nursing, health Information management, health care administration, or other related health care field preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in increasingly responsible positions in hospice or palliative care settings.
- Knowledge of industry standards Medicare, Medicaid, and hospice Regulatory standards
- Experienced in HCHB (HomeCare HomeBase) EMR system
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in auditing and monitoring (Internal Audit , Quality Improvement or QAPI); Statistical data analysis experience preferred
- Experience conducting compliance investigations, preferably in health care setting; extensive knowledge of Hospice regulatory environment preferred
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures, creating reports
- Experience with criminal and/or civil fraud investigations in Medicaid (preferred), Medicare, or private health insurance preferred
- Knowledge of continuous improvement, change management, Compliance and health information privacy regulations, policies and auditing processes, and quality reporting and HCAHPS.
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting to initiate and manage projects
- Knowledge of hospice coding and reimbursement for federally funded programs and other payors.
- Well-versed in healthcare privacy issues and HIPAA
- Knowledge and technical proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adapt to changing deadlines and prioritize work, flexible and motivated by challenges.
Must consistently demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and discretion