• Smiles when "On-Stage"
• Adheres to PCI Compliance Standards
• Dresses in a neat and professional manner always wearing a name badge. This will be in accordance to the hotel's dress code.
• Enters and prepares the room for cleaning.
• If tips are present checks to see if cleaning was shared with another associate, if so, shares the tip accordingly.
• Makes beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillowcases. Pick up trash on the floor, removes and empty trash in waste baskets, cleans mirrors and shelves, wipes door frames, window sills, and baseboards and arranges furniture properly. (Unit cleaning is to be in compliance with hotel standards).
• Cleans bathrooms, scrubbing basin, bathtub, toilet, and tile floor with separate clean damp rags and appropriate cleaner as provided by the Housekeeping Department. Completes cleaning by disinfecting surfaces.
• Replenishes supplies, and places clean towels on racks. Places proper quantities of tissue, soap and amenities in unit.
• Cleans closet, assuring iron is free of water and ironing board is in clean and good condition.
• Reports to Inspectors all units vacated and cleaned units occupied and cleaned, and any unusual condition of furniture or rooms needing repair.
• Turns in all lost and found articles immediately according to hotel policy.
• Operates vacuum in guest room and corridors.
• Returns to room as instructed to correct any cleanliness issues identified by inspector or supervisor.
• Fills out maintenance work orders to be placed in Quore to notify maintenance and housekeeping of any maintenance issues.
• Assures security of guest rooms, storage rooms and privacy of guests by keeping all doors closed while not present in room.
• Reports any security or safety issues.
• Responsible for cleanliness and organization of housekeeping carts and storage areas.
• Wears protective equipment provided by hotel.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to those contained in the NHG Handbook
• All other duties as assigned by management
Physical Demands: Requires walking and standing for entire shift. Requires ability to perform light or heavy housekeeping services (cleaning) which involve lifting, bending, stretching, and reaching. Requires ability to communicate both orally and/or in writing with guests and co workers. Ability to follow schedule keeping in mind that the hotel is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Therefore, you may be required to work holidays, weekdays, weekends and different times during a 24 hour day. Must have the ability to perform physical labor.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather but not necessarily temperature changes (i.e. 20-30 degree variance.)
Essential Skills: Ability to work independently. Requires knowledge of applicable standards and procedures. Must have ability to complete applicable housekeeping forms and to communicate any problems or unusual conditions to Housekeeping Supervisory Staff. Ability to communicate effectively with members of other hotel departments. Must have the ability to professionally represent the hotel and deal positively with the public.
Educational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
This Position Description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may be asked to perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to perform the job successfully