Home Care Nurse - Rye Brook, Westchester
Atria Home Care is a subsidiary of Atria Senior Living that proudly provides services to those in need of care in New York City, Queens, the Bronx, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties. We offer a complete range of personal support, nursing and companionship services available 24/7. Our clients receive one-on-one care from certified caregivers, all in the privacy and comfort of their house, hotel or senior living community. All of our caregivers must be certified as a home health aide (HHA) or personal care aide (PCA) by the State of New York, and are directed and supervised by a registered nurse. Once hired, we carefully train each caregiver to meet our standards of quality and service and enroll them in continuing education programs, including fire safety, emergency procedures, client rights and infection control. We also take the time to gather information from our caregivers – from hobbies to second languages to cooking specialties – so we can match residents with caregivers who meet their needs on a practical and personal level.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
SHIFT: Per Diem - Every other Weekend
T h e Home Care Nurse is a licensed nurse who participates in the development and implementation of the Agency ’ s philosophies. This individual provides client care, operational assistance to the Nursing Services Director and/or Nursing Services Director, direction and support to staff, and may coordinate the utilization of materials, equipment, and supplies. The Home Care Nurse is responsible for the overall implementation, delivery, and coordination of Client Care Services in the assigned location(s) .
- M ain t ai n a medication system which adheres to state, federal and Company laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Pe r f o r m assessments and reassessments within Scope of Practice to determine client needs.
- De v elo p appropriate Service Plan to meet client’s needs while ensuring safety and support client independence. Consult with physician and receive physician approval and Orders for Service Plan.
- I n struct staff regarding client’s needs and Service Plan. Ensure that service plan is being followed and documentation is completed as necessary.
- Operate w i t hi n budget and according to Agency’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Co m ple t e weekly Quality Enhancement reviews to ascertain if the Agency is meeting state regulations and Agency policies.
- A ct as a consultant and resource for issues related to client care.
- En sure adherence to Company policy and State Health and Safety Codes, as well as federal regulations for licensed home care Agency.
- Ad m ini ster medications as allowed per state specific guidelines when required in accordance with Agency Medication Policies and State Regulations.
- M a in t ain s k ill s in client care and clinical function.
- M a in t ain m edi cal records and complete paperwork in compliance with regulations and Agency policy.
- P r o v id e activities of daily living assistance to the clients as needed.
- P r o v id e training and orientation to new staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
- Co mm uni cate to clients, families, department heads, staff, and Executive Director in an effective and respectful manner.
- Suppo r t referrals and sales processes with promotion of a positive image of the Agency.
- Respond to telephone inquiries, remotely and in real time, where possible,
- Provides Agency information to prospective clients or interested parties.
- Del i v e r and attend required training for professional licensure and Agency licensure.
- M a in t ai n positive relations with clients’ families and physicians.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- A licensed practical nurse licensed to practice as required by New York state regulations.
- E x pe r ien ce in direct patient care and assessments/observation of clinical conditions.
- E x pe r ien ce in recruiting, training and managing people in the healthcare field.
- E x pe r ien ce in a home care environment.
- CP R certified and knowledge of basic first aid.
- E x pe r ien ce coordinating educational events.
- M u st successfully complete the Atria management training, and all Agency specified training programs.
- M u st complete all state required training to maintain licensure or certification.
- Abl e to work flexible work hours due to demands of position .
Atria Senior Living