Primary Purpose of Position:
The Dish Attendant, under management supervision, is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of all tableware, glassware, and cooking utensils by using both mechanical and manual cleaning methods in accordance with Frisch's standards. The Dish Attendant is responsible for the soups, filling temping, etc. They are also responsible for the general cleanliness of the dishwashing area and the care and maintenance of the equipment under their control and such other duties that may be assigned.
- Ensures all pots, pans and other kitchen/dining essentials are clean and ready for use by hand washing and utilizing the dish machine, then properly storing them for their next usage.
- Monitors wash and rinse temperatures and reports problems to management.
- During periods of high volume the Dish Attendant maintains a calm demeanor, while remaining on task and maintaining proper sanitation procedures to ensure that clean dishes are available as necessary and the restaurant continues to operate within our high quality standards.
- The Dish Attendant monitors all soups temperatures and fills as necessary. Additionally, as a team player and as time permits during a shift, with management approval, provides assistance to coworkers as necessary.
- Responsible for making sure the guest health is protected using the highest standard of cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant.
- Follows Frisch's Operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift.
- Sweeps and mops all floors after lunch rush; prior to shift change, after dinner rush and at closing.
- Cleans and stocks employee and customer restrooms as specified during shift.
- Responsible for parking lot cleanliness by sweeping, picking up trash and emptying trash cans as necessary.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to maintain a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Preferred knowledge of operating dishwashing machines
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Interior of restaurant typically on carpeted and/or tile floors with changing surfaces (spills, grease, and debris)
- Must be able stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, climb stairs and regularly lift and carry up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds
- Good hearing, visual and speaking skills
- Must have good mobility of fingers, hands, wrists and elbows
- Ability to be on feet during entire shift
- Ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions
- Work in environment where smoke, fumes, steam and other airborne articles are present
- Work around, handle, operate and control hot equipment and products in a safe manner