The Server's main responsibility is to provide the guest with a positive memorable experience that will bring them back. They will provide a high level of courteous and professional table service to dining room guests by making sure that they are cheerfully greeted, receive full attention, are provided assistance in ordering, and their orders are accurately prepared and timely served to their satisfaction.
- Greets every guest with a smile, offers a sincere welcome acknowledging new and returning guests as appropriate, and ensures they know their choice to come to Frisch's is appreciated.
- Seats the guest, followed by an introduction of self, presentation of menu, suggestion of an appetizer and requests their drink order. Upon delivery of drinks, takes the guest order, and assists guest with ordering the best meal option.
- As the sales person of Frisch's, can increase the satisfaction of the guest by introducing them to a wider variety of items through suggesting items they might not otherwise order from just the description on the menu.
- In providing menu assistance, guidance and suggestions, can significantly increase the check average for each guest, ultimately increasing company sales.
- Responsible to ensure each guest's dining experience is exceptional.
- After taking the order, immediately makes sure the order is provided to the kitchen and that any special meal adjustments are accurately communicated. While the order is being prepared, checks on guests and refills beverages. Once the meal is ready, verifies order accuracy and quickly serves to the customer. During the duration of the guest meal, maintains contact with the guests insuring all needs and requests are courteously and efficiently addressed. Once the main course is concluded, removes dishes from the table and pleasantly offers dessert options followed by the delivery of the final bill.
- Pleasantly and professionally answers phone calls to the restaurant and handles appropriately.
- Assists the hosts as necessary with seating guests, ensuring rotation of sections throughout the restaurant. If a host is not on duty is expected to also function as host and immediately great and seat guests.
- During down time, ensures his/her designated station is fully stocked, menus are clean, silverware rolled, and napkins filled, as well as all ice bins.
- As a team player, must be willing and ready to assist the busser, or step in and perform the functions of a busser if one is not scheduled by clearing, cleaning and resetting tables in addition to helping fellow servers as situations arise.
- During a closing shift, is responsible to take down the salad bar.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English
- Maintains an upbeat positive attitude, high level of tolerance and patience
- Demonstrates salesmanship with guests
- Must be a 'team player' and be able to multi-task
- Good memory, math and organizational skills
- Food Safety Training
- Preferred experience with restaurant POS software
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Environment is interior of restaurant typically on carpeted and/or tile floors with changing surfaces (spills, grease, and debris)
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, climb stair, and occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to move freely throughout the restaurant facility without assistance
- Role requires mobility of hands, fingers, wrists and elbows
- Good hearing, visual and speaking skills
- Ability to be on feet during entire shift
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Must be able to handle sharp knives, cutting equipment periodically using safety gloves