VP of Digital Marketing
Vice President Digital Marketing
PrideStaff on behalf of a leading Nutraceutical is looking for a high-impact Vice President, of Digital Marketing for its Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Division, which is based in Bethesda, MD. Candidates for this position must possess well-rounded expertise in all aspects of consumer goods direct marketing including both acquiring new customers and retaining existing customers, as well as branding, strategy, e-commerce, website management, data analysis, market research, consumer insights, staff management and financial management. As a seasoned executive, this individual will provide dynamic, visible and inspirational leadership to positively impact business initiatives, direction and vision for team and peers.
Strategy & Innovation
- Develop an omni-channel vision and strategy to drive new-to-file customers and revenue that align with long-term business goals and strategies priorities
- Develop and execute both digital and direct mail marketing efforts to existing customers to stimulate repeat purchase, upsells, cross-sells, auto delivery signups acceptance and brand engagement.
- Partner closely with the President of DTC and other DTC executives to strategize initiatives, propel brand positioning and to attain all financial metrics and profitability goals
- Deliver strategies and progressive results in e-commerce/digital properties for web merchandising, mobile conversion, customer acquisition, customer experience and driving revenue across all channels, product categories and DTC brands
- Identify and recommend emerging trends and advancements in web technologies to drive new business opportunities that focus on ROI
- Lead innovation for creative, marketing and technology to drive growth, revenue and position the company as a leader in e-Commerce customer experience.
- Envision and articulate the overall marketing and brand strategy, collaborate with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of marketing including, planning and implementation, initiative analysis, mobile strategy, promotional campaigns and customer acquisition.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with vendors, third parties and division leaders within our client to explore any new and effective ways to generate revenues and profits.
- Work closely with marketing, web development and creative teams on priority initiatives, maximizing return through testing, site optimization, brand engagement and improving customer experience
- Provide expertise on current e-Commerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure e-Commerce and mobile first principles are incorporated
The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of specific, hands-on experience with digital channels such as click-based advertising on search channels such as Google and social channels such as Facebook and will have managed sizeable budgets in the past exceeding $250,000 per month.
Reporting into the President of Direct-to-Consumer, the Vice President of Digital Marketing will manage a large team of marketers and will be responsible for the success of several direct-to-consumer brands.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or directly related field. An MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant, multi-functional experience to include at least 5 years of direct P&L responsibility with outstanding track record in meeting financial goals
- Minimum 5 years of senior management experience with specific focus in digital marketing and E-commerce
- Extensive knowledge and experience of e-Commerce technology and marketing including SEO/SEM/Facebook Advertising and sophisticated in digital and customer analytics
- Deep understanding of consumer audience segments and how to optimize accordingly
- Solid negotiation skills with experience developing contracts and partnerships
- Strong experience with P&L management, ecommerce and technology tools
- Proven talent management experience providing coaching and mentoring staff to solve-problems, make independent decisions and work effectively under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts and recommended courses of action to engage diverse audiences
- Continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its objectives
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Demonstrated strong business judgement and decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Experience within the vitamin and supplement industry is highly desirable
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old