PLC Programmer Maintenance Mechanic
PLC Electro Mechanic Technician
The PLC Electro Mechanic Technician performs project management duties, maintenance and repairs of all pneumatic machines and line equipment.
Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to Be the Best Beverage Business in the Americas . The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
Shift and Schedule
** This facility is a unionized facility so shift assignments are based on seniority as well as the business needs. There is no guarantee of shift or hours due to the changing needs of the business.**
This is a full time permanent position working on 2nd or 3rd shift. Our 2nd shift is from 2:00pm-10:30pm Monday thru Friday 3rd Shift hours are from 10:30pm - 7:00am Monday through Friday. Must be open to overtime and weekends as the business needs.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance, repair and installation of machinery and equipment, advanced diagnostic troubleshooting, as well as complete tear down, rebuild, and remanufacture of machinery and related systems.
- Executes daily machine checks, lubrication, machine start-up, clean-up, changeovers and adjustments to maintain the greatest operational efficiency.
- General electrical work including but not limited to layouts; assembling, installing and testing of electrical apparatus; measuring, cutting, threading and bending conduit; and installing, modifying, and repairing panel boxes, remote control equipment, motors, power and lighting circuits.
- Maintenance and calibration of micro-processor based control equipment, general instrumentation and electrical control systems to carry out first line diagnostic, troubleshooting and maintenance work.
- Read and understand electrical schematic diagrams as well as industrial power three phase 240V and 480V power distribution and VFD wiring practices.
- Troubleshoot, program, and/or replace Allen Bradley PLCs equipment.
- Performs tests and calibration procedures using test equipment and instrumentation.
- General knowledge of welding techniques is a plus. (i.e. MIG, TIG, Sanitary, Stick, etc.) as you must be able to apply techniques to various operations within the plant.
- Operate various power tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, calipers, and gauges in a safe and proficient manner.
- Insure accurate parts assignments and equipment histories are maintained.
- Assist the Supervisor in the operations of the line and in training operators/mechanics on repairs, adjustments and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain continuous improvement and comply with all safety requirements.
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- 3 years Electro/Mechanical experience
- 3 years experience troubleshooting and programming Pneumatic Control Systems, Allen Bradley PLC Systems, RSLinx, and Process Control Instrumentation
- 3 years experience troubleshooting 3 phase (480V) Circuits, Motor starters and controls, and electronic circuit boards
- Lift, push and pull a minimum of 50lbs repeatedly
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is one of North Americas leading refreshment beverage companies, manufacturing, bottling and distributing more than 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, juices, teas, mixers, waters and other premium beverages.
With a brand heritage spanning more than 200 years, the DPS portfolio includes some of the most recognized beverages in the Americas . More than 75 percent of the companys overall volume is from brands that are either #1 or #2 in their flavor categories. In addition to its flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, the DPS portfolio includes 7UP, Motts, A&W, Sunkist soda, Hawaiian Punch, Canada Dry, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Squirt, Peñafiel, Yoo-hoo, Roses, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T and other well-known consumer favorites.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old