Director of Lift Maintenance - Breckenridge Ski Resort
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Director of Lift Maintenance will manage the preventative, routine, scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance of all lifts at Breckenridge Ski Resort in a proactive, safe and efficient manner; provide oversight of lift construction and special projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Mountain Operations and COO; provide the quality and service required by regulatory agencies and maintain the standards set forth by Vail Resorts. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and successfully lead a staff of experienced individuals, enabling the highest levels of execution and job satisfaction while working toward a one team culture, and effectiveness.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates strong example of Vail Resorts Core Values of: Serve Others, Do Good, Drive Value, Be Safe, Do Right, and Have Fun.
- Embodies and works toward exceeding expectations on Vail Resorts Leadership Competencies of: Out Front, Connect, Drive, Develop, Passion, and Re-Imagine.
- Responsible for assuring the lifts are in compliance with ANSI /OSHA/ NEC, Insurance and Vail Resorts rules and regulations
- Responsible for conduct, training, dept policies, Vail Resorts policies, and ensuring that paperwork and procedures are completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Responsible for the oversight and planning of all mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Responsible for oversight of department budgets and notifying Senior Mountain Operations director of financial variances.
- Plan for the future development and capital improvements of all lift systems and continually update and advise Senior Director of Mountain Operations on the long term goals for lift system upgrades.
- Responsible for summer and winter preventative maintenance programs that include inspection of work performed to maximize lift safety and reliability
- Assure that Senior Director of Mountain Operations is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, or system malfunctions
- Assure that all required records are maintained and kept up-to-date. This includes, but is not limited to, all mechanical and operational procedures, maintenance and operations logs, lift failures and incidents and downtime logs
- High school education or equivalent, some college preferred
- Demonstrated management experience in Lift Operations and/or Lift Maintenance and/or Mountain Operations (Min 10 years preferred)
- At least 10 years supervisory/management experience preferred
- Valid Driver's license
- Strong knowledge of desktop computer systems and applications
- Read, write, and speak English
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Lift Mechanical/Lift Electrical systems
- Familiarity with Lift Operations
- Familiarity with activity-based features and structures.
- Strong management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Know rules and codes of authorities with jurisdictions
- Involvement with ANSI and OSHA regulatory agencies
- Advanced level skier
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 143672