Specialty Restaurant Manager for Carrabbas in Washington Dulles International Airport
Master valuable skills. Assume greater responsibility. And experience career satisfaction with HMSHost, which is part of Autogrill S.p.A., the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and annual revenues of more than $2.8 billion, we use our experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional, and international brands.
HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants. Explore our various hourly and management positions in the U.S. and Canada or our corporate openings in Bethesda, Maryland.
Location: Dulles International F&B
Unit Name: Carrabbas
Unit Code: IADCAS02
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Specialty Restaurant Manager is a senior level manager of a restaurant with high sales volume and complex operations and is responsible for directing and supervising management associates in support of the Operations Director. This position is also responsible for focusing on restaurant level operational and personnel performance, monitoring business results of the assigned restaurant in support of Operating Excellence, coaching and professional development of other restaurant management and associates, and being the central driving force for realizing and implementing operational changes, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned Management of which associate is capable of performing. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Operations Director, depending on local requirements.
- Analyzes and manages financial results of the restaurant to ensure maximum profits are balanced with customer satisfaction and associate satisfaction
- Ensures on a daily basis that the restaurants are open and staffed appropriately, the restaurant is clean, inventory levels are appropriate and equipment is working properly
- Supervises the day to day activities of associates and assigns responsibilities for specified work
- Monitors and maintains all quality control records, to include ensuring quality assurance and loss prevention policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Complies with company and franchise standards of operation procedures, as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies, and ensures on a daily basis that all products are prepared and presented in accordance with brand or company standards
- Identifies hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other associate status change needs of the restaurant
- Maintains effective communication and positive associate relations by ensuring all associate activities are performed in a timely and professional manner, to include performance reviews, progressive discipline, resolving associate relations issues, and managing incentive programs
- Provides the highest quality of customer service to the customers at all times, to include ensuring the proper training of all staff and supporting associates to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
- Supports and enhances working relationships with partners, landlords and the community
- Uses culinary knowledge and skills to step in when the chef is not available
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; Post-secondary culinary training or college degree in hospitality, restaurant management preferred; brand certification a plus
- Requires 5 or more years of experience in high volume and/or multi-unit Food and Beverage operations or other related management experience
- Demonstrates the ability to drive profitable growth while improving customer and associate satisfaction; demonstrates strong leadership, personnel management and interpersonal skills; a proven background in maintaining strong cost control and quality standards
- Demonstrates team management, delegation, issue resolution, coaching skills and ability to motivate others and act as a change agent
- Demonstrates organization and multi-project time/issue management
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
HMSHOST OFFERS THE LEADING
BENEFITS YOUR SKILLS DESERVE.
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and daycare expenses
- Medical, dental and life insurance for family members
- Paid vacation
- Credit union membership
- Discounts on vision wear
10 REASONS TO CONSIDER JOINING HMSHOST:
- Competitive Pay
- Emphasis on customer service and teamwork
- Clean, safe friendly work atmosphere
- Employee meal discounts
- Opportunities for professional growth/advancement
- Detailed training
- Stable company and a positive reputation in the community
- Diverse customers and co-workers
- We believe in recognizing, rewarding and taking care of our associates
If you are disabled and require a reasonable accommodation to submit your application, contact the HR department of the location where you wish to apply.
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in terms or conditions of employment, programs, or activities. Individuals with questions regarding this policy are encouraged to contact Human Resources.
*401(k) retirement savings plan
*Employee and family members comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision care, long term disability, short term disability, and life insurance
*Flexible spending account for health expenses
*Credit union membership
HMSHost benefits vary by location and some associates may not be eligible for certain benefits. Associates covered by a collective bargaining agreement may be eligible for different benefits. HMSHost reserves the right to amend and/or terminate a benefit plan at any time.