We are well known for our homemade flatbread but we know guests will keep coming back for the great food and our amazing people.
At the core of our brand is people. We need great people to grow and continue our outstanding success.
Purpose of the General Manager Position:
You will Lead a restaurant team to meet or exceed standards in People, Product, Property, and Profit by increasing comparable restaurant sales, delivering uncompromising guest service, building profit, developing team competencies, and ensuring operational excellence. Contribute to the success of the company and each restaurant by meeting or exceeding Cosi standards, policies and procedures.
• Identify, hire, train, and retain high-caliber partners who meet or exceed Cosi standards and procedures, ensure operational excellence, and actively provide guest service.
• Manage the hiring process, ensure proper staffing decisions, and control hourly and manager turnover.
• Establish and maintain proper labor management costs by staffing correctly based on the needs of the business. Correct deficiencies as needed.
• Achieve operational excellence goals as evaluated by then current Operations Evaluation Tool including, but not limited to, production, inventory, cleanliness, staffing, partner development, cash handling, safety & security, guest service, catering, gift card / loyalty programs, and sales building.
• Complete and maintain action plans to address any operational, human resource, or guest satisfaction deficiencies. Effectively communicate status to District Manager.
• Ensure food and beverage products are prepared according to specifications at all times.
• Achieve guest satisfaction goals as evaluated by then current Guest Satisfaction Evaluation Tool and act with urgency to execute guest recovery measures for any unsatisfied guest.
• Achieve annual Profit & Loss budgets by ensuring profit building methods including, but not limited to, increasing sales, ensuring inventory management, cash controls, utility controls, hourly labor management, comp & promotion management, gift card & point-of-sale management, and repair & maintenance management are executed.
• Develop partners, shift leaders, and managers by providing ongoing, regular, informal evaluations and conducting formal performance reviews to evaluate performance against company and individual metrics. Coach, mentor, and instruct partners, shift leaders, and managers to correct deficiencies.
• Maintain partner personnel files and ensure personnel documentation meets company, local, state, and federal guidelines at all times.
• Complete inventory control procedures, quality control projects, repair & maintenance projects as necessary.
• Maintain a safe environment for partners, managers, guests, and vendors, free from environmental hazards and unlawful harassment and discrimination.
• Utilize then current information technology platforms, software, applications, and systems as necessary to achieve desired results.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays. Ensure schedules are written accurately to reflect business expectations.
We are looking for :
• Previous Restaurant General Manager experience.
• Is confident with leading a team, communicating expectations and setting goals.
• Can perform in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Positive attitude.
What's in it for you?
Manager referral bonuses
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree. Prefer Hotel/Restaurant management or similar discipline. Will accept a combination of relevant work experience, courses and certifications.
* Minimum 5 years progressive experience in a restaurant management role.
* Proven leader within a restaurant environment with the ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal and reach their potential.
* Hands-on management style that emphasizes direct involvement in the day-to-day operation.
* Strong knowledge of financial management disciplines including but not limited to - P&L, budget design and management, and financial analysis.
* Strong sales building skills focused on catering, loyalty programs, and community events.
* Excellent project management skills from conception to evaluation, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to deadline.
* Ability to formulate flexible strategies and action plans to achieve results.
* Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
* Effective interpersonal, influencing, coaching and conflict-resolution skills.
* Demonstrated creativity and sound business judgment.
* Advanced computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office applications, HRIS applications, and the Aloha POS system (or similar system).
* Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity.
* Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand up for the majority of shift; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level may include that of a typical restaurant environment.