DISH is transforming the entertainment industry. The challenges are exciting, the atmosphere is high engery and the growth opportunities are endless. We compete to win, need to achieve and look for others who feel the same way.
• Founded in 1980
• Publicly traded Fortune 250 Company (ticker symbol DISH)
• Corporate headquarters located in Denver, CO.
• 20,000 employees in the U.S.
• Provides satellite TV to approximately 14 million subscribers
• Most award winning technology on the market
DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
A successful Sales Planner will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; and four plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Advertising Sales or media buying experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong analytical ability and Media Math knowledge.
- Must possess the ability to articulate needs and provide direction in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to take ownership of a project from start to finish under direction, as needed.
DISH Media Sales, the advertising sales division of DISH Network, provides smart, cost-effective media solutions that complement those of traditional national cable. Headquartered in New York, DISH Media Sales is part of the DISH Network family committed to offering the highest-quality entertainment and most advanced technology all at an unbeatable value.
The Sales Planner will be primarily responsible for the overall support to the National Ad Sales team, Pricing & Inventory, Traffic, Research & Marketing with roles including, but not limited to, creating and revising media plans and packages for clients, executing and maintenance of ordered deals, and acting as a facilitator of the sales process by providing proposals that meet the needs of both DISH Media Sales and client/agency needs.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Responsible for all planning needs for (2) Account Executives as well as serve as a back-up for Account Executive & Sales Planners who are on vacation, out of the office or otherwise absent.
- Work closely with Sales and Pricing & Inventory to create and revise media plans that maximize the use of inventory while meeting both internal and external requirements.
- Act as point person towards stewarding client schedules though posting and building ADU packages as needed.
- Collaborate with assistant and traffic to manage preemptions and recommend make-goods and work closely with agency and clients on day to day maintenance of deals and provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain various weekly, quarterly and annual reports for Account Executive and Management.
- Handle various miscellaneous duties as assigned such as client pitches, call-in business, training for sales assistants, and research projects.