Franchised Business Travel Sales Manager
Job Number 17002F78
Job Category Marriott
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Merritt Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Must have experience in business travel at a similar size and quality hotel.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and ISAC. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
- The following are specific contributions that must be developed during the training program in order to successful complete the program and be placed in a hotel:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed business travel revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing business transient revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer Race/Age/Gender/Disability/Vets
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of past sales experience preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old