Cost and Pricing Specialist
Systems Services of America, Inc. provides customized foodservice distribution solutions for popular restaurant chains in the quick service and casual family dining segments as well as the regional restaurant concept market. SSA is part of the Services Group of America (SGA) Family of Companies that specializes in bringing top quality products and services to the entire foodservice industry. That family includes broadline distributor Food Services of America, fresh produce marketer Amerifresh, custom cut meat processor Ameristar Meats and supply chain efficiency and logistics expert GAMPAC.
The Costing and Pricing Specialist will be a part of a team that reports to the Cost & Pricing Manager and works closely with the National Account and Healthcare/Hospitality departments. This person will be responsible for handling the contract cost and pricing of items for numerous customer accounts. They will implement price changes, respond to price inquiries, and research discrepancies. They will maintain electronic files for items and customers for which they are responsible.
- Responsible for the costing and pricing of items for numerous customers.
- Implement cost and markup changes.
- Respond to price inquiries from customers and other associates.
- Set up items in the operating system, requiring a detailed review of item information and costing documents supplied by the vendor or customer.
- Research cost discrepancies revealed by PO confirmations and vendor invoices.
- Maintain complete item and customer files including documentation for all changes made.
- Willing to perform other tasks as required by management.
- Other tasks as directed by manager.
- Ability to analyze numerous implications when implementing cost changes such as inventory valuation, margin reporting, vendor billbacks, and cutoffs for accounting periods.
- Administrative skills such as organization of documentation, researching, and data entry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively communicate with a wide variety of people including customers, vendors, National Accounts, Purchasing, and other departments.
- Excellent time management skills are required to juggle multiple tasks to meet changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Must be able to work effectively unsupervised.
- Must have the aptitude to learn industry terminology and products.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of experience in accounting, costing and pricing, or related discipline required.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Excel, Outlook, and web based research.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience with Showcase Query a plus.
- Food distribution experience a plus
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen.
JobTarget multi-client repository