Morehead Kentucky General Warehouse Associate
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the correct batch is selected by signing out store orders and verifying batch numbers with the Sign Out Clerk or through voice picking on headset, if applicable.
- Focuses on labels to select from correct location in order to provide the stores with the correct merchandise ordered.
- Ensures labels are placed properly on merchandise in order to be scanned properly.
- Achieves set standards (engineered or productivity) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Effectively communicates shorts, damages, jams and anticipated shorts to the Sign Out Clerk in order to deliver merchandise to the Shipping department in a timely manner.
- Ensures damaged merchandise is handled through the proper procedures.
- Completes daily P.I.T. checklist to ensure equipment is working properly and reports any defect to management and/or maintenance.
- Operates P.I.T. equipment in a safe manner.
- Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety.
- Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment within the Bulk department.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma/GED preferred.
Experience : Four to six months Retail Distribution Center or Warehouse Environment experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: Able to perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. These tasks require the ability to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 80 pounds. The Team Member should have adequate fitness level to meet the demands of frequent lifting, walking, standing, moderate climbing of stairs, occasional sitting, stooping and kneeling with or without reasonable accommodation. May be required to operate P.I.T. equipment. Team Member will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per Distribution Center requirements.
Working Conditions: The associate will work a non-climate controlled Distribution and Warehouse atmosphere, in which outside weather conditions greatly affect the building’s temperature. The associate may also be exposed to moving mechanical parts or equipment, machine vibrations, fumes, loud noise and airborne particles as regulated by OSHA.
Availability: Team Member will perform shift work and must be willing to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.