The Supply Chain Distribution Manager will drive cross-functional effort in the successful design and implementation of key Supply Chain initiatives. Maintain a focus on customer service and creating an end-to-end, best-in-class Supply Chain for the Home Depot. The Distribution Manager owns day to day project management activities for multiple large scale initiatives including Supply Chain Synchronization, Floor Loading, and Distribution Accuracy. The Distribution manager will develop and track project business case metrics and key organizational metrics in order to strategically identify business and systemic enhancements which will result in cost savings to the company. The Distribution manager is responsible for forecasting, planning, development and implementation of process improvement opportunities, and communication responsibilities associated with assigned projects.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Creates business cases, performs cost benefit analysis and financial plans to accurately track the impact of key initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams through use of traditional project management tools to ensure the timely completion of key milestones within key initiatives.
- Design and execute communication and training plans to minimize risks and misses during implementation.
- Construct analyses to support strategic decisions or process changes and track key performance indicators supporting business cases.
- Act as a liaison to the field teams in distribution and Home Depot stores.
- The Manager will support their direct reports and matrix team throughout the lifecycle of the project.
The project cycle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements and Design.
- Drive the overall discovery and design of Supply Chain Distribution solutions
- Coordinate efforts with business representatives from IPR, Merch Ops, Stores, and Finance.
- Catalogs “as is” processes
- Drives Development of future state processes
- Construction (Direction and Analytics)- Coordinates progress reviews between business units (IT, Dist OpsIPR, Finance, Integration, Channell mgt).
- Testing - Establish and executes test plan and scripting
- Train and coordinate testing resources from business user for user acceptance testing.
- Training - Develops training curriculum and materials
- Pilot and Deployment
- Develops Pilot Plan for Supply Chain projects
- Supports business units during pilot and deployment.
- Develops playbook from program sustainment
- Create and execute Score carding of program results.
- Drive business adoption of Supply Chain / SPP projects
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: 50 - 75%
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated abilty to perform financial analysis.
- Ability to ascertain and solve problems. Strong computer skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Bernard Hodes for The Home Depot – Feed Account