Senior Engineering Technician
ABOUT THE POSITION
This recruitment is being conducted to fill a vacancy in the Public Works Department. The Senior Engineering Technician, under direction, performs a wide range of complex technical or para-professional engineering work in connection with engineering design and other related work as required. The successful candidate will prepare engineering plans, (may include architectural plans), profiles, cross-sections, specifications, and cost estimates, as well as calculate and plot field survey data. The incumbent may also be responsible for instructing, training and supervising subordinate personnel.
- Apply required engineering knowledge in varied work assignments;
- Perform a wide variety of computer applications in engineering projects; operate computers and related software;
- Understand and interpret field survey notes;
- Prepare engineering plans and charts;
- Make complex mathematical computations related to civil engineering and land survey;
- Communicate effectively with the general public, engineering community, and other government agencies;
- Understand, interpret, and apply County standards, specifications, ordinances, and codes;
- Work cooperatively with other units in the department, other agencies, and the public;
- Apply engineering principles and terminology in preparation of Public Works projects;
- Write contract specifications and prepare cost estimates;
- Supervise and train subordinate personnel; and
- Inspect construction work for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
- Two (2) or more years completed coursework at an accredited college or university in Engineering Science, Construction Management or a related field; AND
- Three (3) years of experience in an engineering and/or architectural office performing civil engineering, traffic engineering, land survey or construction inspection work at a level of difficulty equivalent to the work performed by an Engineering Technician in the Stanislaus County Department of Public Works.
Note: An additional two (2) or more years completed at an accredited college or university may substitute for one (1) year of the required experience, provided that there were courses in engineering, surveying, drafting, mathematics, computer science, or the physical sciences.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES/FINAL FILING DATE
Applications cannot be submitted later than 5:00 p.m. on the final filing date. Make your online application as complete as possible so a full and realistic appraisal may be made of your qualifications.
APPLICANTS MAY APPLY ONLINE AT: