Assistant Cook - Part-Time
Assistant Cook -Part-Time
Summary of Position:
Cooks are responsible for supporting kitchen operations by assisting Chefs and other kitchen staff. Cooks execute menu item production and event execution. All culinary team members must ensure safety and sanitation standards are maintained in all areas at all times. This is a part-time, event-based position located in the Food and Beverage Department of Anaheim Arena Management, LLC (“AAM”). Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
- Being an Assistant Cook is demanding and invigorating, gratifying and fun.
- Assistant Cooks are committed and passionate and love multi-tasking and the intensity of working under pressure.
- Assistant Cooks learn quickly to create high quality, and good food consistently.
- Assistant Cooks know how to follow directions to build on their skills and improve and expand their base of knowledge every day. Assistant Cooks are committed to constant improvement.
- Assistant Cooks are the ultimate team players and respect their fellow employees, chefs, managers, vendors, and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately follow recipe guidelines to prepare food based on the current menu.
- Display knowledge of all menu items, ingredients, and food preparations.
- Perform a variety of kitchen duties, including, but not limited to:
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed vegetables and fruits.
- Clean, cut, and grind meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Dip food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Weigh and measure designated ingredients.
- Ensure that food temperature, food quality, and appearance of prepared food meet AAM’s established standards. Store foods in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage.
- Complete daily Time and Temperature logs and use proper equipment and temperature controls to monitor temperatures.
- Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products.
- Identify the presence of any of the eight most common food allergens within AAM’s menu items, and follow AAM’s procedures regarding these allergens.
1) Milk; 2) Eggs; 3) Fish (bass, flounder, cod); 4) Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster);
5) Wheat; 6) Peanuts; 7) Tree nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts); and 8) Soybeans
- Practice proper work procedures, safety and sanitation standards; especially as it pertains to use of equipment.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, segregate and remove garbage, and steam-clean or hose garbage containers.
- Carry pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator.
- Distribute supplies, utensils, and portable equipment. Engage with venue guests and team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is provided to all guests at all times.
- Display familiarly with the arena, efficiently navigate the arena, and assist guests in navigating the arena. Work with counterparts in the operations departments to ensure that quality service is provided during all events.
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
Other responsibilities and/or tasks as deemed appropriate by the Food & Beverage management team at AAM.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the position.
- Ability to understand & follow directions.
- Possess safe knife skills (following training).
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and various times of the day.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player.
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures.
- Maintain Safe Food Handler Certification.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old