Cook - Part-Time
Summary of Position:
Cooks are responsible for supporting kitchen operations by assisting Chefs and other kitchen staff. Cooks will assist in menu production and event execution by working specific locations and stations within the arena. Cooks have a solid understanding of specific station prep and specific equipment set-up. Cooks possess specific menu knowledge and work with all culinary team members to ensure safety and sanitation standards are maintained in all areas at all times. This is a part-time, event-based position located in the Food and Beverage Department of Anaheim Arena Management, LLC (“AAM”). Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
- Being a Cook is demanding and invigorating, gratifying and fun.
- Cooks are committed and passionate and love multi-tasking and the intensity of working under pressure.
- Cooks strive to create high quality, and good food consistently.
- Cooks build on their skills and improve and expand their base of knowledge every day.
- Cooks believe in constant improvement.
- Cooks are the ultimate team players and respect their fellow employees, chefs, managers, vendors, and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately follow recipe guidelines to prepare food based on the current menu.
- Display knowledge of all menu items, ingredients, and food preparations.
- Create specific menu items according to recipes and specific cooking methods.
- Perform a variety of kitchen duties, including, but not limited to:
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed vegetables and fruits.
- Clean, cut, and grind meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Dip food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Weigh and measure designated ingredients.
- Ensure that food temperature, food quality and appearance of prepared food meet AAM’s established standards. Store foods in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage.
- Complete daily Time and Temperature logs and use proper equipment and temperature controls to monitor temperatures.
- Practice proper work procedures, safety and sanitation standards; especially as it pertains to use of equipment.
- Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products.
- Identify the presence of any of the eight most common food allergens within AAM’s menu items, and follow AAM’s procedures regarding these allergens.
1) Milk; 2) Eggs; 3) Fish (bass, flounder, cod); 4) Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster);
5) Wheat; 6) Peanuts; 7) Tree nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts); and 8) Soybeans
- Engage with venue guests and team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is provided to all guests at all times.
- Display familiarity with the arena, efficiently navigate the arena and assist guests in navigating the arena.
- Work with counterparts in the operations departments to ensure that quality service is provided during all events.
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
- Other responsibilities and/or tasks as deemed appropriate by the Food & Beverage management team at AAM.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the position.
- Ability to handle the execution of a project promptly.
- Ability to work in a variety of unique kitchen stations/locations.
- Minimum of 90 days of experience as a Cook 3 at AAM or equivalent culinary experience.
- Possess a general understanding of cooking techniques.
- Ability to work at multiple stations in a kitchen.
- Possess solid knife skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and various times of the day.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player.
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old