Bakery Manager (SWY)
POSITION TITLE: Bakery Manager DEPARTMENT: Retail
LOCATION: Varies REPORTS TO: Store Manager
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BAKERY MANAGER
As a Bakery Manager, no one day is ever the same at Albertsons Safeway. In our Bakery where delicious breads, cookies and pastries, fancy desserts are made and cakes are decorated, you have the opportunity to train, supervise and assist our clerks and help to satisfy our customers’ appetites. To be successful in this position, you will provide excellent customer service to our valued customers and manage the day-to-day operations of our bakery to ensure it runs smoothly. If this sounds like you, we invite you to join our team today!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS**
• Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with our Company’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Oversee operations and staffing for the bakery department.
• Plan daily and weekly production and staff assignments and scheduling.
• Supervise bakery staff and provide staff training.
• Monitor quality of goods and services.
• Maintain cleanliness of bakery area of the store, includes cleaning of display cases, work surfaces, and preparing and straightening up bakery display cases.
• Maintain area and conduct business in accordance with all federal, state and local food safety and employee safety regulations and guidelines and company policy.
• Inform customers about bakery products and services, provide samples, and promote sales within department.
• Take bakery orders over telephone or in person.
• Operate electronic cash register, receive final payment from customer (cash or credit/debit card) and accurately make proper change.
• Maintain accurate inventory and record keeping.
• Measure flour, sugar, and other ingredients to prepare batters, dough, fillings and icings.
• Add ingredients into mixing-machine bowl to mix or bake ingredients according to specifications.
• Role, cut, and shapes dough and related products preparatory to baking.
• Place dough in pans, molds or on sheets and bake in oven.
• Move trays of baked good from prep area to display area.
• Read recipes and other instructions.
• Obtain necessary stock and transports to work area.
• Order ingredients and supplies as needed.
• Organize and maintain cleanliness of work area.
• Suggest changes to inventory and pricing.
• Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position:**
• Ability to operate mixers, ovens, bread slicer and other equipment required to prepare goods for sale
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
• Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Albertsons Safeway products and share that knowledge with our customers
• Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
• Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
• Squat/Kneel: Occasional
• Bend/Stoop: Occasional
• Lift/Carry: Continuous 1-50 lbs.
• Push/Pull: Frequent ¬¬1-50 lbs.
• Twist/Turn: Frequent
• Grip/Grasp: Continuous
• Reach: Continuous 1-35 lbs.
• Stand/Walk: Continuous
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to
those listed above.
** The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
We provide a variety of benefits including:
• Great pay
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunities for career development
• Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees
• Leisure time activity discounts
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER