Machine Operator - Extruder/Molder
Machine Operator: Extruder/Molder
Our client has been producing custom manufactured, superior quality elastomeric (rubber, thermoplastic, etc.) products for over 35 years. Their products can be found on buildings in architectural seals, on semi-trucks in window seals, on cable jacketing in hospitals, and products in a variety of other industries.
Our client is a family-owned company and is seeking Machine Operators. Our Machine Operators extrude or mold thermoplastic shapes per the customer specifications. There's not quite anything else like it and they are willing to train the right person to learn the unique process. You may be the right fit if you are reliable, team oriented, and have experience in a manufacturing environment.
Our Client is offering a new hire bonus of $200 for new employees (available after 90 days of direct hire & receiving a positive 90-day review).
- Understand department products and uses
- Prepare, install, and clean dies
- Set up, operate, and clean extruders
- Identify and handle materials
- Tractor operation and control
- Mix material and color matching
- Procedure for running material (drying, adhesive tape, part-marking, cutting, etc.)
- Handling of finished goods (such as, coiling)
- Operate variety of other equipment that may include grinders and a mill
- Use of measuring and calibrated equipment
- Proper use of chemicals and bonding agents
- Understand and follow safety rules
- Understand and follow quality policies and procedures
- Complete paperwork as assigned
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to maneuver 50 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months manufacturing experience, required
- English proficiency (read, speak, and write)
- Basic math and measuring skills (metric and standard)
- 40 hours per week
- Monday-Thursday 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Off on Friday
A pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old