Lead Maintenance Technician - Atria Woodlands
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features (pools, spas, etc.) and waste management systems.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a safe and timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- Perform turnkey work as required to ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of staff work assignments, preventative maintenance schedules, and maintenance budgets.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing the appropriate level of service.
- Inspect community’s grounds and buildings on a daily basis to identify maintenance needs.
- Maintain customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow-through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Apply all applicable Atria Policies and Procedures such as, but not limited to, company operating and safety standards.
- Train and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations, building codes and environmental laws and regulations.
- May provide direction and supervision to maintenance and housekeeping staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Minimum Type II CFC certification preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator certification preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in property management maintenance or related field performing the duties associated with a Maintenance Technician.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, hand held power tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sanders and safety equipment.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Must posses basic hand tools necessary for performing maintenance related duties
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.