Franchised Director of Human Resources
Job Number 17002LFH
Job Category Marriott
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - mailto:email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, JHM Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The purpose of the Director of Human Resources is to oversee the Human Resources function ensuring a high level of guest satisfaction and service, compliance with prevailing laws; effective inter-hotel communications, recruitment and selection process, training, execution of creative, meaningful associate relations programs and effective associate counseling for the full-service hotel and select-service hotels which have been assigned to them in the property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strong working knowledge of human resources and applicable laws as well as a strong working knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all personnel; monitors career-pathing program, employee relations counseling, attends job fairs, seminars, meetings and HR events.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assist GM at property with disciplinary actions;
- Advises management of employee relations issues.
- Coordinate all HRIS adjustments, changes, updates, and input for property.
- Coordinate all Performance Evaluations with General Managers for associates in the property.
- Assist associates with benefits including, but not limited to: new hire enrollment, resolve associate coverage claims and card issues, transmit enrollment, dependent changes, cancellation forms in a timely manner; report changes, communications problems, updates and concerns to plans(s), etc. and to manage; maintain on-going contact with providers regarding plan issues/concerns; reconcile benefit provider invoices as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains property records and reports. Participate in staff meetings as requested.
- Coordinate Safety Committees and Meetings with the General Managers within the Property; training materials will be provided by the Director of Training & Development.
College degree preferably in Hotel Administration; 2-3 years Human Resources Manager/Generalist or Supervisor experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; Previous HR experience in hospitality preferred.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old