Advanced Supervisor - Aspen Sports Tune Shop - Full Time Seasonal
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Assists manager in the overall day-to-day operation of a ski tune shop. This position is responsible for ski tuning, staff supervision, ski delivery and overall store management.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversight of the service and tuning of customer and rental skis/snowboards according to established guidelines.
- Ensure all ASTM testing/standards are being performed and met.
- Handle In-Transit Equipment.
- Coordinate the movement of all skis and snowboards to and from stores and tune shop.
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies and guidelines
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- Adhere to and enforce safety procedures according to policies and standards.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task
- Must possess an unexpired U.S. driver’s license – required
- A minimum of 1 year of ski / snowboard rental supervisory experience – preferred
- A minimum of 1 years prior tuning experience –preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent – preferred
- Ability to communicate frequently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English – required
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS system – preferred
- Must be a team player and be able to handle fast paced stressful environment
- Possess the desire to offer the highest customer service standards to guests
- Season ski pass to Aspen/Snowmass Ski Resorts(Full time only) and Free EPIC Pass
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Excellent training and professional development
- 401k Saving Plan
- Health Benefits
- Auto, Home, Pet Insurance
- Subsidized bus pass (Full time only)
Operating a ski shop in Aspen is . . . well . . . kind of a big deal. The world’s biggest outdoor hobbyist and the most discriminating travelers make their way to this high alpine location every winter. And as high as our elevation are the expectations of our guests. We take our job—outfitting locals and visitors alike for the ultimate winter experiences—very seriously. Our staff takes pride in outfitting every customer with exactly what they need, sharing their outdoor expertise in the process. Our employees at Aspen Sports love the outdoors and love working with the top of the line gear the store offers. Join our team of adventure enthusiasts and see where your passion can take you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 145275
Vail Resorts - Retail