Dishwasher Full Time
Must be 18 or older
The grand opening of the new Chantilly store will be in June 2018.
The Chantilly store will be open 6am-midnight, 7 days a week.
Full-time interviews will begin in September 2017
Part-time interview will begin in December 2017
Opportunities are for Year-Round Employment
Online correspondence through email is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
14280 Park Meadow Dr.
Chantilly, VA 20151
What is my Job:
Our Dishwashing team members play a key role in ensuring our kitchen and prepared foods departments run efficiently. In this role, you will support many areas by ensuring our kitchen has clean dishes prepped ingredients, and all the supplies needed to make great tasting prepared foods available for customers. If you’re a team player looking for an opportunity to work in a culinary environment and contribute to the team's success, this could be the position for you! This position may also include breaking down and stocking the products fro the Prepared Foods areas of the store.
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
- Provide incredible service to Prepared Foods departments by ensuring dishes, containers, utensils and other supplies are properly cleaned and sanitized, and any prep work is completed on a timely basis
- Set up and operate dishwasher equipment; manually wash dishes before loading into the dishwasher to ensure the cleanest wash possible
- Fill and empty dishwasher throughout the day to maintain a constant flow of clean dishware and supplies to departments
Ensuring High Quality Products & Ingredients
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the kitchen and dishwashing area to ensure work gets completed in the most efficient and safe way possible
- Keep floors clear of debris and ensure garbage and recyclables are disposed of throughout the day
- Assist departments by putting dish loads away and perform other kitchen duties as necessary, including some food prep work
- Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines and Simplification 5S procedures
Living Who We Are
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
- Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Provide incredible customer service, acknowledging customers, listening to their needs, proactively offering assistance and thanking each customer for shopping with us
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
- Learn, use and be able to explain Wegmans sanctioned cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home
- Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Customer service experience in a food service, grocery, restaurant or retail setting
- Dish washing experience
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
- Work includes repetitive hand and arm movements, standing and walking for long periods, pivoting and trunk twisting, along with continuous interaction with coworkers in a fast paced environment. Work involves exposure to various work environments including wet, humid and hot. Average weight range of items lifted is 1- 10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 25 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction)
- Work performed near hot equipment
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed