Franchised Accounting Manager
Posting Date 2017-11-24T05:07:46+0000
Job Number 17002LZC
Job Category Marriott
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at -
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Associates. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Lead our newest Select Service hotel located in Boston as a part of the Grand Opening Team. We are currently seeking an Accounting Manager for the opening of the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown North End. Set to open in early 2018, the hotel will be known for its chic, urban design and decor with a sophisticated metropolitan flare. The 14-story, 220 guest room property, with 2500 sq. ft. of meeting space will be conveniently situated within walking distance of The TD Garden Arena (home of the Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins), Bostons Financial Center, and the Government Center. In addition, it will be minutes from both the Avalon North Station and Boston North Station
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown North End is part of Turnberry Associates. Turnberry Associates has built over 20 million square feet of retail space, more than 7,000 luxury condominium and condo-hotel units, 1.5 million square feet of class â€œAâ€ office space, in excess of 3,000 hotel and luxury resort rooms, as well as a number of exciting new projects currently in various phases of development.
Position is based in Boston.
Position Overview: Supervise and direct the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Turnberry Hospitality Standards and to assist Corporate Accounting Office in obtaining and analyzing financial information within the Hospitality Division
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collecting and reviewing daily reports
- Checking sales tax reports for unusual variances
- Collecting and reviewing accounts receivable reports (i.e. aging/guest ledgers)
- Ensure accuracy of Accounts Payable; processing documents and invoices for payment in a timely manner. Prepare and issue checks
- Process Hotel Payroll in a timely and accurate manner, using the Ultipro Payroll System. Maintain payroll records, schedules and time and attendance in Kronos System. Verify that payroll wage and hour procedures are followed
- Prepare, analyze and distribute payroll reports (Overtime, Payroll Expense, etc.)
- Assist with preparation of forecasts and budgets as required (Annual, Revised Annual, Monthly, and/or on Turnberry Hospitality/Owner's requests)
- Operational cost/inventory analysis
- Provide budget vs. actual financial analysis
- Manage credit cards disputes and direct bill processing
- Maintain safe, house banks, count banks monthly, perform random audits and manage all due backs
- Maintain petty cash and prepare monthly report
- Responsible for deposits, balance sheet and bank statement and reconciliation
- Responsible for maintaining purchase order files
- Manage brand invoice reconciliation
- Prepare, review, and present financial reports (STAR Report, Manager Close Report, Complimentary Room Report and End of Month Report)
- Daily review of guest ledger, accounts receivable, charge codes, no shows, and bank sheets among others
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Review BEO and payments on file
- Monitor all sales, purchases, salaries, capital projects and expenses of the hotel
- Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation
- Audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories and associates time records
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests; please refer to Section 7.0 in the Team Member Handbook for specific examples.
- Maintains strong influence within all hiring, training, performance evaluations, discipline and/or termination decisions.
- Responsible for receiving, processing and investigating complaints made per the existing harassment policy.
- Previous hotel finance experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests
- Must have knowledge of computers and training techniques
- Must have knowledge of departmental operations
- Must have knowledge of business law; federal, state and local taxes; as well as Department of Labor regulations.
- Must have knowledge of insurance, employee benefits, insurance and workers compensation claims and liability
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and handle conflict resolution
- Ability to compile facts and figures
- Ability to operate personal computer and calculator
- Telephone etiquette skills needed
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Hewitt Associates Marriott International