As a SONIC Drive-In restaurant General Manager, you are indeed a general—leading your troops in a never-ending campaign to give America an infinitely more delicious food service experience. You will be involved in training and supporting drive-in restaurant employees, ensuring that food is delivered in a clean, safe and efficient manner and our customers have an excellent experience.
Essential General Manager restaurant job duties are listed below:
● Manages, trains, monitors and coaches Crew/ Team members, Carhops and Skating Carhops
● Directs and assigns drive-in restaurant employees as needed to ensure all aspects of food service meet operational standards
● Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices
● Performs restaurant opening and/or closing duties
● Prepares employee work schedules; monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to restaurant staffing levels
● Monitors and maintains restaurant inventory levels. Places orders for food, paper and other supplies within cost control procedures
● Completes and maintains all drive-in restaurant employment related records and payroll records
● Reinforces a customer service mentality and ensures all employees are focused on serving the customer at all times.
● Immediately and respectfully resolves guest requests. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints
● Interview and hire restaurant crew and management team members to achieve proper staffing levels
● Prepare all necessary operational reports. Develop appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends
● Develop and implement a marketing plan
Additional General Manager Requirements:
● High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred
● Minimum of two (2) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
● Required to work a minimum 5 day workweek with 4 closing shifts (or 4 day workweek guaranteed) including irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
● Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
● Knowledge of federal and state labor laws as well as local health and sanitation laws and regulations
● Leadership and supervisory practices and skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
● Basic accounting and computer skills
● Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
● Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
● Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee’s knees, cruisin’ . . . you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!
All that’s missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Browse similar jobs (807)
Joliet, Illinois 60432