Seasonal Tax Preparer
We have a full-time/part-time opening for a Seasonal Tax Preparer.
- Must have 3 or more years experience.
- Background check required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Must have a valid PTIN with IRS
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for income tax preparation for individuals and Independent contractor. Identifies potential tax credits and liabilities and ensures accurate and complete returns are filed in a timely manner. Completes tax forms in accordance with policies and in compliance with legislation and regulations. Primary responsibilities
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer