Pharmacy Technician (Part Time) Powell Giant Eagle
The purpose of this position is to join and contribute to a service conscious Pharmacy team who will consistently build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient, Team Member and Company outcomes.
- Immediately acknowledge and welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including the Point of Sale Policies.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure company and government requirements are met.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedures.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently.
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to: search for patients and profiles, determine dates of fill and pick-up, determine prescriptions sent to Central Fill, quote cash prices of prescriptions, check on-hand counts of medications,
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old