Guest Service Representative
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Increase guest satisfaction by providing efficient and courteous guest service in accordance with the standards of the hotel while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Execute selling strategies to enhance the hotel revenue. Understands and implements the mission statement, values, and culture at all times.
- 1+ years of experience in customer service at a branded hotel preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent of the same
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness
- Must have excellent attendance and be punctual
Work Environment & Context:
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on
- Holidays, weekends, and evenings. Long hours sometimes required
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Entire property, staff services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, and discounts
- Frequent Stay Program
- Reservations procedures including cancellations and “walking” guest
- Phone etiquette and answering procedures
- Be able to answer inquires of local shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards, and be up to date on changes, new procedures, and events
- Manager on Duty functions when necessary or as scheduled
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment, and make change
- Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric
- Communicate with guests, co-workers, receiving and transmitting mail, phone and written messages and relay pertinent information using log books
- Manage time effectively
- Assist with guest issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude.
- Greet and register guests, provide room assignments, maintain guest privacy, and accommodate special request when possible.
- Promote and sell services/amenities of the hotel.
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations and providing recommendations for alternate same brand-type products.
- Be aware of potential sales leads and contacts through guest interaction. Report information to the appropriate individual.
- Keep housekeeping and other departments informed of any special requests, late check-outs, and special needs areas.
- Check all credit cards for validity before the end of the shift.
- Learn and utilize PMS, if applicable.
- Ensure all cash, check, and miscellaneous departments are in balance at shifts end.
- Adheres to hotel policies regarding the use of cash banks, drop/deposit logs, etc.
- Assist in other areas: cleanliness of property wherever assistance is needed for guest satisfaction.
- Help maintain a clean and professional lobby, dining area: dusting, vacuuming, cleaning tables, etc.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company associates to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- Where applicable, follow approved laundry procedures; ensure understanding of operation of washers and dryers. -Assist with folding linen according to proper standards.
- Utilize Service Recovery Log and other necessary communication logs from shift to shift.
- Meets and exceeds guest expectations by providing service and teamwork
- Other duties as assigned or as indicated on letter of offer.
Positions for Possible Future Advancement:
The next step for this position is in a training capacity. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion. Once that is achieved, the individual may qualify to be promoted to a Guest Service Manager.
Browse similar jobs (136)
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502