Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Responsible for: greeting and welcoming guests, offering prompt and courteous service so the guests have an enjoyable experience. Maintain the cleanliness and guest ready appearance of outlet. Understands and implements the mission statement, values, and culture at all time.
- 1+ years of experience in a branded, quality hotel preferred
- 1 + Experience with chain food and retail outlet preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent of same. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
Work Environment & Context:
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach
- Long hours sometimes required. Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 60 pounds
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Age requirements and verify those who order any alcoholic beverages
- Menu items, preparation methods, and beverage choices
- Standards of operation as required by brand
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Service minded, Friendly professional attitude is a daily expected characteristic
- Computer knowledge to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make change
- Sell, suggest and service quality food and beverage items as per standards
- Assist with guest issues, be professional and maintain a hospitable caring attitude.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric
- Communicate with guests and co-workers
- Assist with guest issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude.
- Must be able to work alone
- Practice Safety Standards at all times.
- Comply to all standards.
- Promote positive morale and aggressively friendly attitudes.
- Prepare and consistently maintain dining area and supplies in a guest ready atmosphere.
- Process guest charges and gratuities in accordance to standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording guests' choices; identifying guests' special dietary needs and special requests.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
Positions for Possible Future Advancement:
Before the next promotion, this person should develop and train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a Food and Beverage Manager.
Browse similar jobs (9)
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502