Sr. Analyst, Business Analytics
The Sr. Analyst position is part of the central Customer Analytics team that falls under Sears Holdings Corporation's (SHC's) Marketing Organization. The Customer Analytics team is responsible for providing insights around current customer, member and shopping behaviors in order to drive business decisions partnering with operational business units, the holdings company and for providing inputs to Shop Your Way (SYW) offer definition and measurement. The team partners with cross-functional business teams and drives fast and actionable insights through the use of data mining, modeling and analytics leveraging primarily digital marketing.
This Sr. Analyst position will focus specifically on Shop Your Way (SYW), an innovative shopping community built around your own social network. SYW is a comprehensive shopping experience which offers an open platform for social commerce and product research.
The overall group is divided into four primary areas:
1) Customer Behavior Analytics
2) Shop Your Way Rewards (SYWR) Offer Targeting
3) Customer Engagement
4) Offer Analytics and Customer Insights Portal Application.
Do you want to be part of a fast paced environment with a vision to leverage analytics to engage with customers digitally? If so, this is the right place for you. For more information on Shop Your Way (SYW), please visit www.shopyourwayrewards.com.
As a Sr. Analyst you will collaborate with departments across the organization to develop insights based on data for the liquidity points injection for Shop Your Way. This will include coordinating with finance and marketing groups in operational business units to identify and prioritize business problems and opportunities and develop robust business hypotheses and analyses. You will prepare recommendations for financial business cases and presentations for senior management. We are looking for individuals who foster teamwork and work well in a collaborative, unstructured and fast paced team environment.
- BS/BA in Economics, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or other related fields. MA, MS, or MIS a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in business analytics and strategy, marketing analytics or similar areas
- 3 to 5 years prior professional data mining and/or business analytics experience.
- Must have extensive experience executing SQL queries of advanced complexity. Teradata SQL
- experience is a plus.
- Understanding of digital marketing, market research techniques, marketing analytics and customer segmentation (experience in these areas not required but preferred)
- Experience of navigating large organizations and executing/delivering in a matrix structure
- Experience in retail is not required but preferred
- Analytical skills: Active curiosity - Must enjoy gathering and digging deep into data to identify issues and solve problems; Strong problem-solving skills; Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills; Must be comfortable with driving actions through data and insights; Ability to work with ambiguity and data; Ability to manage and lead complex analytical projects including demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate detailed quantitative data
- Communication and presentation skills: Confidence and maturity to interact with senior management and to succeed through teamwork; Willingness to learn from and coach other team members; Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen: Strong financial, strategic, operational and leadership skills; ability to grasp understanding of business models and key drivers quickly
- Organizational skills: Ability to manage projects and work effectively under tight deadlines; ability to partner effectively with business partners
- Entrepreneurial skills: Energetic and innovative; organizational change agents; can lead new initiatives from idea generation to execution, developing business models, driving action plans to completion, and reporting results and earnings
- Focused on results: Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done right
Education Experience: Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience: 3-4 Years
Travel Requirements: None