Awake Overnight Direct Care Counselor - Mental Health Division
Advocates is seeking enthusiastic, motivated team players to provide valuable care to individuals in a residential setting!
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Awake Overnight Direct Care Counselor offers emotional support and assists clients during the night and through their morning activities.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Ensure the well-being and safety of clients, fostering a clean, home-like environment.
- Remain awake, alert and responsive to the needs of the clients throughout the shift.
- Assist clients with morning activities such as preparing for the day, cleaning and cooking.
- Provide routine checks according to program procedure.
- Develop and document Individualized Action Plans (IAPs), Individualized Service Plans (ISPs) and other reviews with the clients.
- Communicate program participant's progress, mental status, and any changes in daily notes.
- Report significant health, psychiatric or behavioral issues to the on-call staff member.
- Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgement and coaching skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered, team-oriented environment.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
For more information, and to apply please visit: https://careers-advocatesinc.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=awake+overnight&searchCategory=20301