Retail Assistant Supervisor
The Retail Supervisor will oversee the operation of assigned retail locations and lead a team of employees to achieve the department’s monetary goals for the 2017 season. This position requires a high level of independence.
- In addition to the job functions mentioned below, other job duties may be assigned based upon operational need.
- Ensure that employees are adhering to departmental and company policies and procedures and enforce policies when necessary.
- Ensure employees are providing exceptional guest service; recognize / reward above standard behavior, coach / discipline those not meeting expectations.
- Enforce child labor laws and ensure that employees are preventing violations
- Resolve immediate guest concerns, investigate and provide recommendations to correct reoccurring guest service issues
- Tour area of responsibility to identify maintenance related items, communicating immediate concerns and following up on completion.
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are followed, and maintaining store layout in accordance with Area Manager.
- Manage inventory levels by completing daily stocking tasks; checking orders, inventory transfers, inventory mark-outs, and other inventory management tasks as needed to maintain inventory integrity.
- Provide on-going training and coaching to retail clerks.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older
- One year of retail/customer service experience preferred
- Able to handle cash with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven guest relations, problem solving, task management skills, and organizational skills
- Professional and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Child Labor Laws
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must be able to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week May- August
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment at locations both indoor and outdoor in a variety of weather situations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 7:30am and midnight, including weekends and holidays (or in accordance with Child Labor laws if under 18).
- Available to work 2 days during weekend operation
- Available to work at least 4 days during daily operation
- Physical requirements include standing (75-100% of the shift), sitting, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 60 lbs., finger dexterity and communicating
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer a number of desirable career paths for motivated individuals who are attracted to our guest-focused, service-minded, and character-centered culture. Some of our employees have grown up here; their first job was with us. Others have joined our team right out of college, mid-career, or after retirement. What we all have in common is a commitment to our founder Milton Hershey's legacy of excellence. We invite you to join us in Hershey The Sweetest Place On Earth.
Check out our employment opportunities online at www.HersheyJobs.com.