Warehouse Assistant Manager
Wholesale distributor located in Lapeer, Mi.
We have an opening for a experienced warehouse manager to manage.
Open and Close (key holder) Monday through Friday, and Sunday with some afterhours requirements. During our busy season you can expect to work 7 days 50-70 hours per week while working on average 40 hours per week the remaining part of the year.
· Unload inbound shipments safely and move product as needed.
· Efficiently stack and store merchandise in the appropriate area.
· Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
· Scan receipt of goods into warehouse management system.
· Confirm proper receipt of goods and issue a warehouse receipt to customer.
· Review records of cumulative goods shipped to assembly plant and calculate shipping requirements.
· Pull product allocated for shipment, by staging merchandise and scanning into warehouse management system.
· Create Bills of Lading for shipments in the warehouse management system.
· Load outbound goods into carrier's trailer and have the drivers sign off on the Bill of Lading.
· Send ASN to assembly plant within required window.
· Confirm shipments in warehouse management system.
· Enter and confirm all corresponding transactions in the customer's SAP System.
· Conduct physical inventories.
· Perform all duties in conformance with appropriate safety and security standards.
· Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials with integrity in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion
· Responsible for awareness and compliance with warehouse work rules and company policies
· High school degree/GED, college degree preferred
· 3-5 years’ warehouse experience
· Inventory and bins experience
· Experience operating a forklift
· Above average ability in navigating various computer applications
· Must be able to pass all pre-employment testing (includes background check and drug test)