Preview and submit
Qualifications you answered from other jobs are pre-filled for you. You can still edit them.
The Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport North is looking for a Maintenance worker. This is a hourly line employee position.
Maintains the physical condition of the hotel according to established operating and safety standards, ensuring that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner using hand tools and power tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general guest room and public area maintenance and repairs on HVAC, plumbing and electrical equipment.
- Checks on all guest room electrical appliances and circuits, including refrigeration controls, television sets and lighting systems, making repairs where necessary.
- Provides guest room service/repair status to front desk, chief engineer, and executive housekeeper.
- Performs general carpentry, tiling, wiring, painting and wall surface repairs.
- Moves furniture, hangs draperies and rolls carpets as needed.
- Responds in a timely, courteous manner to guest questions, complaints, or requests.
- Properly maintains tools, workspaces, and equipment.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Understands OSHA standards regarding proper usage and dilution of chemical products, equipment safety and usage, as well as blood borne pathogen precaution and procedures.
- Reports guest or employee safety hazards, maintenance problems or needed repairs to management immediately.
- Completes preventive maintenance checklists and other maintenance records.
- Watches for suspicious activity; may patrol public rooms, investigate disturbances and warn troublemakers; reports any problems to local law enforcement, Hotel Security or General Manager as applicable.
- Ensure the working of all safety equipment
- Assists in fire drills and training
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner.
- Must be punctual and have a good attendance record
- Have reliable means of transportation to work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training :or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Legally authorized to work in the United States