Preview and submit
Qualifications you answered from other jobs are pre-filled for you. You can still edit them.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA www.camphkc.org/jobs
We are currently seeking a skilled maintenance and repair workers to join our Rockland County facilities management team. The facilities management staff at the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds are key to the company being able to carry out its mission of enhancing the day camp experience and providing a safe environment for the campers and staff who call our grounds home.
M&P Technicians are responsible for performing maintenance tasks in one or more fields such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, pest prevention or land management and related tasks as assigned.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Operate necessary grounds keeping and heavy equipment such as mowers, tractor, chain saws, etc., in safe and efficient manner
- Keep HKC operations running smoothly
- Ensure the grounds are maintained and kept clean
- Maintain campgrounds and facilities (i.e. landscaping, cleaning, painting, snow removal).
- Perform mechanical, electrical, carpentry and/or plumbing work needed for maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities.
- Maintain in good working order all power and heavy equipment (i.e. preventive maintenance)
- Prepare spaces for camp operations (pest and weed prevention, furniture reorganization, etc.)
- Resolve emergencies on physical plant and site.
- Maintain work environment consistent with OSHA regulations.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ experience in facility and site maintenance or the equivalent.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and/or carpentry
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Ability to understand and implement safety regulations and procedures
- Ability to walk, stand, bend and stretch
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push minimum of 100 pounds. Occasional lifting of equipment weighing up to approximately 75 pounds may be required.
- Ability to safely and properly use power tools and equipment (leaf blowers, lawn mowers, weed whackers, hand and power tools)
- Ability to operate heavy equipment as needed (backhoe, snow plow, tractor, etc)
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to HKC operations.
- Ability to work on a team and work well with others
- Ability to safely drive cars, light trucks, tractors, and other motorized vehicles
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Home to 14 independently run JCC day camps, the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds is a small Jewish non-profit that manages and operates three facilities located in Long Island, Rockland County and Staten Island. Our mission is to enhance the camp experience and provide a safe environment for the campers and counselors who call our grounds home, which are thousands - on any given summer day we welcome more than 5000 campers and camp staff through our gates. As a seasonal organization, HKC hires 200+ seasonal workers to provide lifeguarding, swim instruction, first-aid care, maintenance, housekeeping and security to ensure we can carry out mission and meet the needs of the camps who camp at HKC.
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States