Subway Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager supervises daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, cleanliness and inventory control standards are maintained. In addition, they schedules and supervises staff, maintains standards of restaurant safety and security, and provides exceptional customer service to every Subway customer.
• Supervises food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards are maintained.
• Coordinates and supervises staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
• Manages a staff of approximately 4 to 12. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations.
• Performs paperwork duties and assists with product orders and inventory as needed.
• Assists with planning of special events and promotions.
• Completes University of SUBWAY® courses as directed.
* Experience in restaurant operations with some supervisory experience.
* Experience with cash handling and operating a POS.
* Effective communication skills
* Basic math and basic reading skills
* Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
* Ability to multi-task
* Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.
* General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required, QSR preferred but not required.
* Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
* High school diploma or GED.