Are you energetic, friendly, reliable, and FUN? Are you a team player who thrives in fast-paced work settings?
If so, we want you to join America’s Favorite Minor League Team... the Durham Bulls!
We are seeking an experienced part-time Bartender to work at the Historic Durham Bulls Stadium. As a Bartender, you will serve alcoholic beverages to guests responsibly, in accordance with Bull City Hospitality and North Carolina alcohol policies. This position pays $7.25 per hour plus tips. This is a part-time, seasonal position with the season lasting from April 5th to September 3rd, 2018.
As a Bartender, you will...
- Set, maintain and operate the bar
- Receive drink orders from patrons or servers
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, request identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures
- Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons following standard recipes and using company standardized proportions, serves wine and bottled beer or draws draught beer
- Enter drink orders in Point of Sale, collects payment from patrons for drinks served and makes correct change
- Complete daily inventory sheets properly
- Maintain bar stock by ordering or requisitioning liquors, beverages, condiments and supplies
- Clean and store bar equipment and bar stock
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties as assigned
- Wash and sanitize glassware and bar utensils
- Replenish appetizers and/or garnishes as needed
- Report all hazards and accidents immediately
- Work on-site at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park - 409 Blackwell Street Durham, NC 27701
- Attend paid training during the month of March 2018 (date TBD)
- Age 21 or older
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names
- Excellent guest service skills, ability to adhere to Bull City Hospitality’s standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize in a high stress, fast-paced environment
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to interact with guests and all levels of management throughout the organization
- Available to work all home games which includes holidays, evenings, and weekends
- Team player
- Hospitality, food and beverage, or customer service experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus
Perks include generous discounts on all tickets and merchandise when you present your employee badge! Enjoy a fun and exciting atmosphere in our beautiful newly-renovated stadium, a set schedule, and meet your favorite MiLB mascot, Wool E. Bull!
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old