Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking a Warehouse Worker for a contract opportunity in Norwalk, CA with our partner, an energy industry leader committed to creating innovative and sustainable solutions that move the world forward.
This Warehouse I position is responsible for manual loading and unloading of freight with the use of a pallet jack, hand truck or forklift.
As a Warehouse Worker, you will...
- Perform miscellaneous general labor tasks including warehouse housekeeping and safety audits
- Pack wrapped or packaged products into shipping containers, following shipping specifications.
- Form shipping containers according to blueprints or other specifications as needed using hand and power tools.
- Operate fabricating machines including cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines, and punch, that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures.
- Observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction. * Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Assist machine operators to set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
- Inspect finished products, products being processed, incoming materials, parts, and assemblies, etc., for conformance to company standards.
- Provide training to warehouse employees to insure established work and safety procedures are being followed. * Performs all job duties in a manner that promotes employee safety.
- Maintain warehouse records and schedules utilizing established business systems. * Communicate with drivers, employees, customers, vendors, etc. in a professional manner
- Use experience and judgment for planning and accomplishing goals.
- High school degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Ability to follow written procedure and verbal instructions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must be available to work all days/shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to multi-task
Hours: 3:00pm to 11:00pm
Pay Rate: $14.50 per hour
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old