Assistant Manager of Distribution Operations
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the successful candidate will assist in managing the operations of the Distribution Center related to external and internal product movement. This includes domestic and foreign freight shipments, product management and processing, order picking, security, distribution and warehousing, delivery operations, as well as supporting the event and conventions business and other activities.
This is an ideal position for someone who is looking to advance their career. Someone who has had supervisor experience in either a large retail store or in a warehouse. This person would be considered an hourly employee.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Assist in the direction of receiving, warehousing, and distribution services to process orders and get the requested products to Customers promptly, accurately, and in proper condition.
DUTIES: Specific duties will be assigned by the Distribution Manager and may include any of the following duties
- Assist with receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations to get products to Customers promptly by developing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Reconciles inventory inaccuracies when identified
- Manages the annual stock check/inventory process
- Maintains physical warehouse conditions by forecasting storage and processing needs and planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, and issuing repair and replacement requisitions
- Recommends the ordering of supplies and equipment as needed
- Ensures that products are stored and labeled in a secure, safe, disciplined and organized manner
- Prepares and posts the two week employee schedule by Thursday of the preceding week
- Interviews, selects, orients, and trains new hire candidates and existing staff to meet required labor needs
- Manages the labor budget to meet the overtime budget
- Maintain a superbly clean and organized warehouse building
- Communicates well with colleagues across departments, maintaining frequent communications with all involved parties
- Optimizes warehouse staff performance by coaching, counseling, disciplining, and evaluating employees
- Completes assignments in time allotted
- Attend regular meetings, reports on progress, identifies problems, and implements solutions
- Support fan conventions and trade shows as assigned and available
- Provides regular reporting to management
- Keeps a positive, motivated attitude towards work and tasks assigned and instills that in fellow employees
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols, maintaining a safety first mentality
- Other requests as specified from time to time
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
a. Minimum 3 years distribution or warehouse operations experience
- Forklift operation skills preferred
- Solid ability with MS office and warehouse system applications
- Familiarity with and understanding of Japan pop culture titles and products preferred
i. Strong communications skills
ii. Problem solving mentality
iii. Capacity to lead and motivate others to project completion
iv. Ability to work well on a team
v. Meticulous, detail oriented, and hard working
vi. Strong organizational and analytical skills to oversee and prioritize projects and meet deadlines
We do so by scouting out the latest trends and working with manufacturers to reflect demand in the American market. This combination of leading edge, two-way information flow allows Bluefin to best meet today's market demand for classic models and new releases. Our attention to clients' needs and manufacturers' products has yielded several exclusive dealership arrangements.
We currently sell to thousands of specialty, chain and independent stores and are the official North American distributor for Bandai Hobby, Bandai Shokugan, and Capcom. We are also the sole provider of Bandai Tamashii Nations products, and are the exclusive and official distributor for Blitzway, Iron Studios, Kids Logic, Beast Kingdom, Hero Cross, Mr. Hobby, SEN-TI-NEL, Terada Mokei, and X-Plus. Bluefin also represents TruForce products worldwide.