Janitorial Floor Supervisor
Job Description *
Floor Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the leadership and management of the facility on a daily basis. They will act as the Manager On Duty when the Manager is not on premise. This includes staffing levels, training, cost control, service standards, operational procedures and policies, guest relations, sanitation, environment control, cash handling, staff motivation, safety, and security.
Specific duties include:
- Support the Company’s mission statement and corporate values:
- Effectively manage labor, beer and cash control.
- Communicate with the General Manager as to the inventory levels of product, small wares, paper products, etc necessary to provide an excellent experience for our guests.
- Responsible for managing the opening, running, and closing duties for FOH when Manager is not on duty.
- Manage daily operations: staffing (FOH), scheduling (FOH), promotional efforts, repair and maintenance, cleanliness, organization, service timing, quality product, etc.
- Manage organization and cleanliness of FOH, no visible dust, dirt, or grime.
- Maintain safety and sanitation standards.
- Responsible for all aspects of guest relations and the quality of experience delivered to the guest (i.e. product, timing, service, etc.).
- Ensure the highest level of quality.
- Empower staff to deliver the highest standard of service.
- Handle any guest relations issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Take an active part in the retention of staff.
- Ensure that a pre-shift meeting is held before each shift.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that creates a positive working environment.
- Clearly communicate priorities concerning pub readiness, the menu, and promotions through pre-shift meetings.
- In coordination with the Manager, manage and make decisions in all areas of the FOH.
- Foster the behavior, conditions, and environment that yield improved performance.
- Utilize employees’ abilities effectively to achieve results.
- Effectively communicate goals, objectives and expectations to staff.
- Keep Manager promptly and fully informed of all significant issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events).
- Delegate according to individual’s knowledge, abilities, skill and outlook.
- Open and willing to try different approaches to resolve issues.
- Perform in a consistent, timely and effective manner in accordance with established company and department specific policies and procedures.
- Support management decisions and direction.
- Maintain an outstanding working relationship with all team members and management.
- Attendance required per company policy.
*Job duties may be modified at any time.
Minimum Requirements *
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact, communicate and manage staff and guests.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with the normal duties and responsibilities of working the bar and accomplish set goals.
- Must be able to create and foster an environment that encourages ownership, team work, accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain CBA quality and ethical standards.
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)