Doherty Staffing has teamed with a local manufacturer in their search for a 2nd Shift Supervisor in their Winsted, MN manufacturing facility. This is a Direct Hire position with initial screening by Doherty. Regular hours are Monday-Thursday 2:30pm-1:30am but can vary slightly from day to day. Starting pay is $20-$26 per hour based on experience and skillset.
The Shift Supervisor coordinates activities of workers engaged in manufacturing processes, utilizing knowledge of equipment, processes, standard work and specifications. He/she carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and coaching employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This is a Supervisor I role and reports directly to the Supervisor II.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
· Organize work flow, evaluate staffing levels and move personnel as needed
· Explain team goals and objectives and give work assignments to team members
· Coach, facilitate, solve work problems and participate in the work of the team when necessary
· Ensure safety of employees, investigate and record safety incidents
· Review product quality and report any issues
· Identify areas of improvement and work with employees to eliminate areas of concern
· Onboard and train new employees on products, processes, machines and equipment
SHIFT SUPERVISOR REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor or Associate’s Degree preferred; High school diploma/GED equivalent required
· 3-5 years’ manufacturing experience with at least 1-2 years supervisory experience
· Strong leadership and decision-making skills
· Work well in a team environment
· Strong work ethic, positive attitude and good communication skills
Placing great people into work opportunities is our mission, and it's been a life-changing one for our candidates for over 35 years! We hope you turn to Doherty at every stage of your working life, from your first job, to the peak of your career, to the flexible or short-term opportunities during the busier times of your life. Whether you are looking for temporary work, a contract position, or a permanent job, Doherty can help you find the role that matches your current needs and skill set. We want to place you with the company that's right for you!
Whatever your career path, Doherty is here for you!
Learn more and apply online at www.doherty.jobs.
Doherty is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer.