Engineering Technician II
- AS degree in Engineering Technology, Electronics or equivalent with 4-6 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of the difference between software and hardware issues
- Debugging skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, professional journals, technical procedures, specifications, or governmental regulations.
- Knowledge of the following software desirable: MS Office, MS Outlook (e-mail)
- The individual will be a member of Instrument Manufacturing supporting all production lines.
- As a skilled specialist, the individual will complete tasks in creative and effective ways and work on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- The individual understands implications of the work and makes recommendations for solutions as well as determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Supports manufacturing technicians in the trouble shooting efforts as required. Is the first responder to downed instruments and coordinates activities to return the instrument to productions as well as working on corrective action solutions to eliminate re-occurrence of failures.
- Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old