Telephone Interviewer – Wichita, KS
NORC at the University of Chicago is looking to hire friendly and personable individuals as Telephone Interviewers who can reach out to people around the world over the phone. Apply now to join us at our Wichita location.
An independent research organization, informs decision-makers and the public on key issues facing society by collecting, analyzing, and disseminating objective information.
About the Project:
The National Immunization Survey (NIS) is being conducted on behalf of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) a Federal Government health agency.
The purpose of the National Immunization Study is to improve the health of the nation's children by collecting accurate, up-to-date information about childhood immunization. This study is the primary source of vaccination data and is used by local and state public health agencies in your area.
Many young children are not receiving their recommended vaccinations. By monitoring and reporting on national immunization rates, the public health agencies in your area will have the information necessary to help prevent the outbreak of many serious diseases.
Information you will collect from households will be used to develop health care policies and determine where funding is most needed for vaccination programs.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours: Work evenings and weekends.
- Convenient location: 21st and Amidon.
- Interesting and meaningful work: Conduct social science research in the public interest.
- Paid orientation and training.
- Competitive pay: Excellent starting wage of $11.00 per hour for regular interviewers and $11.50 for Spanish/English bilinguals.
- Possibilities for promotion and pay increase within the first nine months and then again every six months.
- Casual dress.
- Friendly work environment.
- Opportunities for advancement.
As part of the phone interviewer team, you will be primarily responsible for screening and interviewing survey respondents over the telephone for groundbreaking studies on issues like health care, education, and more. The data we gather provides insight for informed decisions and contributes to a better understanding of important issues facing American society. NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution affiliated with the University of Chicago. Our Call Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL; Albuquerque, NM; and Wichita, KS.
- Ability to follow all standard operating and project-related procedures
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time in a production work environment- Experience interviewing residential households or businesses by telephone preferred
In addition to meeting specific job requirements, all employees hired for this position must present evidence of their identity and authorization to work in the United States (I9 documentation.)
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally-protected characteristics.