Pro Services Manager
It’s great being part of a culture where entrepreneurship and team spirit are not just buzzwords.
We are committed to our associates and customers. This makes our business successful.
If you love working with a great group of people and desire the opportunity to grow, this is the place for you.
This position is responsible for providing leadership of the Pro business within a designated sales territory by driving sales growth and profitability using appropriate marketing and sales methodologies and building account relationships. Monitor key performance indicators for assigned professional customers, and meet or exceed financial performance to plan by working with the Chief Executive Merchant and Regional Pro Services Manager. Review pertinent Pro customer satisfaction results to understand customers' perspectives, and use the information to drive local decisions and strategies to improve competitive edge.
- Prospect continuously for new clients through a variety of techniques, including telephone solicitation, in-store sales and occasional outside sales.
- Maintain current list of all prospects in electronic database as specified by company
- Develop pricing and business development strategies in collaboration with and under the direction of company and/or location management
- Work with company sales, operations and marketing department to focus sales efforts on developed and internet leads and in developing campaigns to maximize sales efforts
- Participate in trade associations, trade shows and assists in other promotional efforts
- Analyze local market to identify market opportunities, prospective companies and associated buyers
- Follow-up on referrals and self-generated leads to identify buyer influences and any timing issues, monitor prospects’ contract calendars, prepare reports on status of leads and other reports as required
- Plan prospect visits with appropriate operations personnel, such as the Regional Pro Service Manager or Chief Executive Merchant
- Make sales presentations to prospective customers
- Solicit orders and process approved services to achieve sales goals
- Meet regularly with new clients to assess level of satisfaction with services and to develop a list of strong referrals
- Develop and submit proposals and responses to RFQs and RFPs issued by prospective clients after obtaining pricing and specifications approval from management as appropriate
- Enhance and maintain business development skills through participating in a variety of training programs as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (College degree preferred)
- Three years of outside sales experience (Retail industry preferred)
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of sales and business development
- Ability to analyze sales data, develop recommendations and solutions
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Persuasive communication skills (oral and written) and be able to deliver "executive-level" presentations
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be results oriented
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Frequent travel required including air and car travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Medium Work – Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.